Serving Mayfield, Paducah & All of Western KY
Ready to replace the carpet at your home? Want to redo your home with new carpeting? It’s time you found a local carpet store that has a huge selection and friendly staff to ensure that you make the right decision concerning the style and pricing of your new carpet. At Carpet Plus Service, we offer a wide range of carpet styles to customers in Mayfield and throughout the surrounding communities of Western Ky. Our family-owned business knows how much traffic your floors see, and we’re here to provide great service that helps you find carpet that will stand up to everyday wear and tear. Don’t take our word for it – stop in to browse our showroom and find your new carpet today!
Carpeting is one of the most common flooring materials used in homes and businesses throughout the country. There are many reasons for this, and we invite you to read more below about the benefits of carpeting and the different types of carpeting you’ll find at our store.
• Provides a warm surface for walking when the nightly temperatures drop during winter.
• Carpets come with stain-resistant treatments that help clean up.
• Carpet can act as an insulator, helping improve energy efficiency.
Types of Carpeting
Many make the choice to switch to carpet for practice reasons. However, some choose to add carpeting as a design element that really changes the look and feel of a room. By adding carpet, you can turn a bare, uninviting room into a warm and comfortable place that everyone will feel welcome. Below are the main carpet styles to guide you on utilizing this flooring material in your home.
• Twist – This means that the loops of yarn that make up the carpet are twisted multiple times to give the carpet a distinct style and texture.
• Loop – This means that the loops of yarn have been left intact to create a light, comfortable and stylish look.
• Pattern – This carpet style consists of loops, twists, texture spots and different thicknesses to create a high-design carpet effect.
Carpet Installation Procedure
When you trust someone with the installation of new carpet, you expect a quality job, all around. With that in mind, we’d like to share our process for installing new carpet in your home. Please read more below about the steps we take to ensure a quality job and the complete satisfaction of each customer that we serve.
• We start the installation process by putting down tack strips that will help to hold the new carpet in place.
• Next, we line up the seams to ensure that none of the existing floorings will show underneath.
• Finally, we’ll stretch the carpet to ensure it lays flat on the floor, securely fastened by the tack strips.
Carpet Care & Maintenance
Carpet is one of the easiest flooring materials to take care of. Take a look at the following carpet care and maintenance tips to ensure yours lasts for as long as possible.
• Vacuum – By vacuuming on a regular basis, you’ll remove dirt and other large debris from between the carpet fibers, cutting down on the dust and allergens that are spread around your home.
• Spot & Spill Removal – Immediately clean spots and spills before the stain has the time to set into the carpet fiber.
• Professional Cleaning – Regardless of how many times you vacuum, carpets need regular cleaning by a professional.
Carpet Stains & Soil
It’s vital that you clean spots and stains as soon as possible after something is spilled on your new carpet. While it may be natural to want to rub in detergent to remove the stain, however, this probably will make your problem worse. The best way to clean any stain out of your carpet is to rinse it thoroughly with water and blot it dry. Rubbing it dry will just make the stain worse. The motion of blotting will actually lift the stain out of the carpet fibers.