Hardwood Flooring Outlet
Serving Mayfield, Paducah & All of Western KY
Ready for a new look at your home? Want to get rid of that old, ugly flooring and replace it with something modern and chic? It’s time you found a local flooring outlet that has a reputation for a huge selection and quality customer service. At Carpet Plus Service, we provide a variety of hardwood flooring styles to customers in Mayfield, Paducah and throughout the surrounding areas. As a family-owned business, we understand the importance of remodeling projects, and we’re here to provide the new flooring that you’ll want to show off to all of your family and friends. Contact us for answers to your questions or call for a free estimate today!
When it comes to flooring, hardwood is one of the most commonly used materials for many reasons. While many are drawn to the style, others are drawn to the practicality and easy-to-clean nature. With that in mind, we’ve taken the time to put together some of the biggest benefits of using hardwood for flooring at your home or business. Read more below, and feel free to contact our staff for answers to your questions!
• This material comes in wide variation including styles, colors, wood grains, wood species and more.
• Hardwood is long-lasting with proper maintenance.
• Given the wide range of styles and colors, hardwood can be adapted to fit almost any style or design.
• Different grades of hardwood flooring provide different price points to help you stay within your budget.
• Hardwood is easy to clean and maintain over its lifespan.
Hardwood Installation Procedure
If you’re getting new hardwood flooring installed, it’s important to go with a company that you trust to provide the very best in installation. Proper installation is vital to the overall lifespan and health of your new flooring. With that in mind, we’ve listed below the steps that we take to install new hardwood flooring in your home to ensure your complete satisfaction with our work!
• We test the floor and subfloor for evidence of moisture so we can take preventative steps. Moisture may cause the hardwood to crack or warp over time.
• Next, boards are nailed, glued or snapped into place, depending on the specific product.
• Lastly, our team provides a thorough inspection of your work to ensure it’s done to our very high standards.
Hardwood Care & Maintenance Tips
Hardwood flooring is one of the most durable, long-lasting flooring materials on the market today. It’s resistant to wear and tear and common stains from household products like coffee, shoe polish, lipstick, acetone, mustard and more. However, despite its durable nature, you’ll still have to do a few things to ensure its longevity. Read the following maintenance tips below and contact our staff if you have any questions about the care of your new hardwood floors!
• Use a damp cloth to blot spills and stains when they happen
• Never allow any type of liquid to stain on the floor
• Regularly sweep, dust and clean your floors
• Avoid damage to the floor by refraining from sliding chairs and furniture, running and other destructive actions
• Use protective mats to preserve high-traffic areas such as by the sink, refrigerator, doorway, etc.
• Use floor protectors on the feet of furniture to prevent damage from sliding and moving
• Maintain a healthy humidity level to prevent damage from contracting
• Keep pets nails short to limit damage from scratching
• Periodically arrange furniture and décor to allow the floor to age evenly
• Protect the floor when remodeling, moving and other activities that may cause unintended damage